We give funds directly to individuals and organisations that promote the Dharma and the living of a Buddhist lifestyle.
We believe that supporting the spread of the Dharma through building a Buddhist movement is the most meaningful way we can positively engage with the world.
Some of the Buddhist Centres that have benefited are East London, West London, Brighton, Nottingham, Sheffield, Birmingham and Cambridge in the UK, and Johannesburg, Essen, Valencia and Berlin. There are many more.
Other projects that have been supported are:
- Clear Vision Trust which archives videos and creates material for schools in the UK www.clear-vision.org
- Dharmachakra which produces the websites www.freebuddhistaudio.com, providing free access to hundreds of talks, and www.thebuddhistcentre.com, a community space for the whole movement.
- Windhorse Publications which publishes books on Buddhism which are important but not always commercially viable. www.windhorsepublications.com
- Dharma teachers in India who bring the Dharma to vast numbers of new Buddhist followers of Dr. Ambedkar www.indiadhammatrust.org
- Members of the Triratna College of Public Preceptors who conduct ordinations into the Triratna Order www.preceptorscollege.org
- The translation of books into Russian and Polish
- The Triratna Development Team www.triratnadevelopment.org
There are many more small and large projects which have received help over the years.